Sunday, December 13, 2009

What is a good facial cream/moisturizer to use on your face?

I don't have that much acne but I also don't have a completely clear, smooth, and bright looking face. What can I use to get a nice blemish free and flawless looking face without the use of makeup?What is a good facial cream/moisturizer to use on your face?
I completely understand what you're saying since that basically sums up my skin. I am lucky enough to not be cursed with acne-covered face and yet I do get a field of tiny bumps on my forehead now and then. Luckily I have bangs which cover them up.





A good skin care routine is a timeless beauty secret. There are many different types of skin though, so I can't really answer your situation specifically. However, I will list possible methods you can undertake for four types of skin:





Oily Skin - I am going to tell you right now that Oily skin is the most prone to acne. The oil builds up in your pores leading to pimples, blemishes and more. If you have oily skin or just oily parts of your skin, apply an oil-free cleanser (good, inexpensive brands include: Neutrogena and St. Ives) in the morning when you wake up and at night right before you go to bed. This cleans your skin of all the buildup of makeup, bacteria, dirt, etc. After you are done with the cleanser, you can opt for Toner but I don't recommend Toner because I sincerely believe it is a waste of money since it does the same thing that cold water would do (shrinks your pores). Skip right to the part where you moisturize with a moisturizer that is low in oils to prevent making your oily skin even more oily. Moisturize twice a day, after you cleanse your face in the morning and after you cleanse it at night.





* Be sure not to moisturize your eye area at night because it leads to puffy eyes for some since the eye absorbs all the moisture at night in the eye bags which leads to tired looking eyes in the morning.





Dry skin - This kind of skin is usually rough, flaky and dehydrated. It is not soft to the touch so you definitely should go for a hydrating moisturizer to quench the thirst of dry skin. Start off with a cleanser that preferably contains some moisturizer as to hydrate your skin from the get go. Next, moisturize with the aforementioned hydrating moisturizer. Since your skin is dry, you may find it to be constantly dry throughout the day. You could opt to bring your moisturizer with you to reapply throughout the day or just look for a new one that can suffice your needs.





Normal skin - This means that your skin is not too oily, not too dry. Just about in the middle. This means you can use regular cleansers and moisturizers targeted directly at people with normal skin. Use cleanser and moisturizer twice a day, although you can reapply moisturizer throughout the day if needed.





Sensitive skin - This particular skin type means your skin is extremely aware of the products you apply to it and reacts in ways that are unpleasant, for example: rashes, itching, spots, acne, and others. You must heed to your skin's needs and purchase products that are targeted to the sensitive skin demographic. Similar to all the other routines, cleanse and moisturize twice a day with the accurate products.





Aside from your regular routine, it's good to give your skin a little R%26amp;R once in a while with masks (e.g. asprin masks, exfoliating masks). However, these are usually intensive and must be used infrequently to achieve desired results as frequent use can cause irritation or the fact that your skin will get used to it and the effect will disappear.





And don't forget sunscreen! I recommend at least SPF 30 (most people say SPF 15, but thats definitely not enough). UV rays cause cancer as well as spots and freckles and are extremely harmful to skin!





EXFOLIATE once a week in the mornings to get rid of your skins topmost layer (which is mostly dead cells) for a fresh new palette. The exfoliation should happen after your clean your face and before you moisturize. A good exfoliate is St. Ives Apricot Scrub that many people are recommending and I myself have had a good relationship with (it smells absolutely delicious). Also, I recommend you go on Youtube and search up MichellePhan . She has beautiful, flawless skin and has great tutorials on how to achieve it.





And lastly, you must eat healthy and sleep! I know it sounds simple and is nothing new to you but it is imperative if you want flawless skin. 8-10 hours a day with the recommended food groups consumed along with these routines and methods should pave a great path for you for the future. The earlier you start your skin maintenance, the better you are prepared for wrinkles. In fact, these processes help slow down the aging process.





I really hope this has helped! I wish you the best of luck on your path to great skin!What is a good facial cream/moisturizer to use on your face?
For a mositurizer I like the biore moisturizer, you can find it at a drugstore and has an SPF of 15 to protect your skin from the sun and keep from damaging it and prevent aging.





I would also suggest a tinted moisturizer during the day if you want to wear very little makeup. It moisturizes and hides blemishes and skin discoloration.
I highly recommend Oil of Olay Complete. It comes in a white box %26amp; has a formula just right for your skin type. I buy it at Wal*Mart %26amp; it's not real expensive. It lasts a long time because a little bit goes a long way. I put it on my face after I wash it, before applying a foundation, %26amp; again before bedtime. It's not greasy, smells good, %26amp; makes the skin feel so soft.
I would go to a store that carries dermalogica.


You can ask them just to be sure. But active moist would probably work well for you.
I highly recommend Kiehl's. Any of their moisturizers! I swear by that brand

No comments:

Post a Comment