Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Liquid or cream or powder foundation or tinted moisturizer or mineral foundation?

what is your favorite and why? what type of skin do you have? and are you in your early 20s?





what type of foundation is best?Liquid or cream or powder foundation or tinted moisturizer or mineral foundation?
Early 20's, normal to oily skin... and I LOVE mineral make-up. It makes your face look so much more natural and not shiny.


Don't use foundation with it. It's icky anyway and it clogs your pores.Liquid or cream or powder foundation or tinted moisturizer or mineral foundation?
I've tried compressed powder (wore it for a while), foundation (hated it), but I ADORE mineral powder, the coverage is FANTASTIC, even with the cheap stuff.





My skin is kinda light beige, not fair. I have completely clear skin, but your usual redness imperfections in some places.





And I'm 19.





Sheer Cover and Bare Essentials is the hot stuff on the market, but I use physician's formula, which is like $10, and I like it, been using it for 2 years. L'Oreal stuff is also very nice, better quality.





Its my fave because foundation is gunky/gets thick when you sweat and after you wear it for a while, it often clogs pore easily and doesn't let skin breathe.





Compressed powder tends to highlight dry imperfections on the skin because the little sponge that comes with the compact gives you a straight up thick layer of powder.





Mineral powder has light reflective elements, its loose, which allows for a very nice, polished finish since you can apply with a kabuki-type brush, you can really control the amount that goes on your face. And its my opinion that it highlights dry spots less than other powder does, which is nice.
I'm 24. From the age of 16 I was using liquid foundation. It was working fine until about my very early 20's, I started getting bad breakouts. I stopped using liquid foundation all together back in July and started using Smoky Mountain Minerals foundation. No breakouts at all, and I know it's because I stopped using the liquid, messy, drugstore crap and started using a good mineral makeup. Unlike Bare Minerals and a lot of other popular mineral makeup brands, Smoky Mountain Minerals has no bismuth oxychloride, which a lot of people have bad reactions to. It covers well, it's not as expensive as Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover, and it doesn't have a bunch of useless fillers like the others. I really do love it, and I will neverrrr go back to liquid.
I am in my early twenties and I use liquid foundation personally. However I always make sure that I use a primer with my make-up before applying anything else on my face.





Powder foundation or products such as Bare Minerals are a powder/mineral which means that they can very easily crease. Most of my clients often complained of using such products and seeing noticeable lines around their mouth where they smile.





A tinted moisturizer would be great to use if you have exceptionally great skin and just want a little glow.





I was not blessed with such skin which is why I love liquid foundation since I get perfect coverage and it lasts all day.
mineral foundation, I have fair, sensitive skin that sometimes gets a little bit dry and doesn't react well to tons of makeup, and I'm 19








it covers really well and I've found that with my skin color at least, it's the only stuff that doesn't look orange





I also like tinted moisturizer, but I usually make my own by adding a little bit of liquid foundation to some moisturizer/sunscreen (it keeps the color light enough for me)
I started using Bareminerals when I was 25. I had dry skin and oily skin on my forehead. I also had really bad acne. I like the Bareminerals because it didn't clog my pores, didn't dry out my skin, and did absorb the access oil on my forehead. It gives a clean smooth polished look without that icky caked on feeling. I also LOVE the fact that it looks natural on my skin and I don't get that gross make-up line along my chin. I have clearer skin to and when I do happen to get a break out it covers it completely! It also doesn't sweat off or get icky like liquid make-up will in humidity.
i have dry/sensitive skin so i use Moisture foundation (liquid) which i buy from The Body Shop. It has SPF 15 in it to, which is great as i have very fair skin.


I like liquid foundation the best. Because i have dry skin, powder makes my skin look drier, but liquid gives me that 'smooth' look.


I buy from the body shop because they dont test on animals, the money goes to a good cause and because they gave me a mini makeover to help me choose which make up is best for my skin type (it was free too)


i'm 19 btw. 20 in a month! yay!
i personaly use mineral foundation powder, i dont like liquid foundation i dont feel its right for me as im quite pale and can make me look orange!


im 19 btw :) i have normal skin
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment