Saturday, December 26, 2009

I've heard there's a cream/moisturiser you can use to prevent stretch marks in pregnancy. What is it called?

It is called bio-oil and you can get it from Lloyds PharmacyI've heard there's a cream/moisturiser you can use to prevent stretch marks in pregnancy. What is it called?
just keep your belly well moisturised, if you can get your partner to do it as it is relaxing. but it dont matter what you do some peoples skin is stretchier than others so not everyone gets them.I've heard there's a cream/moisturiser you can use to prevent stretch marks in pregnancy. What is it called?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I matters what kind of skin u have . I used all that stuff and guess what IT DID NOT WORK!
Stretch marks are genetic, all you can do is use something to keep your skin moisturised so it stretches well. I used the cocoa butter stick from the Body Shop; it's gorgeous, smells like white chocolate. My husband rubbed it in every night, which was nice for both (all?) of us. I had twins, and I didn't get stretch marks, but as I said, it's just the luck of my genes!
Dont know.


But loads swear by Bio Oil.
i tried all sorts, if your gonna get them you'll get them, nothing worked for me
Bio-oil.


it worked for my mother in-law
There are several ointments you can use to try and prevent getting stretchmarks during pregnancy. However, the tendancy to get stretchmarks is actually a hereditary trait. If you got stretchmarks growing up, you will most likely get them when you are pregnant no matter what you do. Lotions and such can minimize the damage though.





Shea butter works well, and any lotion that keeps the skin moist will do.
My Girlfriend used extra virgin olive oil and hasnt didnt have a stretch mark in site
I think it MUST depend on what kind of skin you have. I never really thought about whether my skin was stretchy or not, but i rubbed in cream right from the time i knew i was pregnant, in both my pregnancies, and i was lucky, i have only got two of the tiniest little marks, while some people their tummy is so bad it looks like they've been in a fire!





In my first pregnancy i used a cream i made up myself - i had a book about blending creams, but the second one i just bought something. I reckon more or less anything will do, but probably if its got vitamin e in it the better. Also, EAT WELL - nuts, avocados, fruit, oily fish (i think you have to check how much of that you can eat in pregnancy).





I'm afraid you have to accept that your body changes in pregnancy and is changed thereafter. I have got stretch marks on my boobs, but not too bad there either.





Don't put on a lot of weight. Pregnancy is not an excuse to over-eat and eat junk!





Good luck!





Faith x
Bio oil, it get's rid of scars too!
I used Bio oil and it's fantastic. You need to use it twice a day all over your bump and hips though. I ran out and kept forgetting to get some more and I now have some marks but friends who have used it religiously had no marks at all. It smells gorgeous as well. It's also really good for your face. My skin hasn't felt so smooth for years.
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream


£4.99








Help prevent and reduce stretch marks by using this special non-greasy cream which combines three key ingredients to relieve dryness and help skin remain soft, supple and smooth during pregnancy. Clinically %26amp; Dermatologically tested.








Brought from:


Boots


Superdrug


Tesco


Asda
Bio - Oil - My wife used it after the birth of our third child and it really helped.





Check out http://www.bio-oil.info/en/home. There are a number of clinical trails and acknowledgements from scientists that it really works - Its not cheap though - about £15.00 per 100ml.





Are you in UK or USA? - It doesn't look like it is available from stores in USA so you would have to order by mail order. - On the Bio Oil website there is a complete list of global availability





Hope this helps
Palmers coco butter is a good one and is designed for pregnancy stretch marks.





I put on 20 kilos and used a base oil like sweet almond oil with some safe essential oils and I didn't get one stretch mark and I was huge.





But everyone is different but it doesn't hurt to try something safe.





The oil I used was from a shop called ';The Perfect Potion'; in Australia
I don't know why so many people think you can rub a cream on the outermost layer of skin to prevent the innermost layers from becoming pulled to cause stretch marks. There is NOTHING in this world to rub in that will prevent you from getting this: it has everything to do with genetics (and maybe a little bit of luck!).





Go ahead: look it up! There's nothing that will stop you getting them if you are prone to them. Look at your body: do you have stretch marks already (from growth spurts)? If not, then you may not get them...did your mom and grandma get them during pregnancy? No? Then you may not get them either...but if you have any or if your mom and grandmother have them, then chances are very good that you'll end up with them as well.





Smaller women tend to get less, because their skin has plenty of growing room left compared to a heavier woman, but that weight alone won't prevent them.
Try using Bio-oil. It prevents strecthc mark and dramaticly reudces the redness within them. Available at boots stores.
Ok - I have been told by a couple of pregnant friends that Olive oil works very well - but you have to use it really regularly - and keep it up after the birth. Good luck!!
L'oreal





Stretchmark Corrector....anti-stretchmark + firming cream, it is dermatologically tested and contains Prolasium + X-Tensyl





You can get it through most department stores....M%26amp;S, Debenhams etc.





Hope it helps.
vitamin e oil
The secret is.....Don't gain more than 35 lbs. Your blood volume doubles and the body gains excess fluids through out the body(10) The breast enlarges (10) Amniotic fluid (5) baby (6-8) placenta (3). You are not eating for two. Get a good maternity girdle. They are wonderful. It's like two hands holding the belly up and away from your bladder and ligaments that go to the lower back and thighs. And lubricate, lubricate, lubricate. Use vitamin E capsules, in any cream or oil you have. Hope that helps.
the ones that work are the butter creams. I use belly butter... it looks like a deorderant stick... all natual
I used several different ones including Avent, Bio-oil and cocoa butter. None worked for me and I didn't gain that much weight.
I used everything from Vaseline, to cocoa butter to vitamin e creams and they all worked a treat ..... until the NINTH month!! then...... STRETCH Marks!!!!





Don't worry everything is worth it for your darling baby!





Good luck
Prevent ? oh no child you have much to learn. You can buy a number of things to reduce them but not prevent them. This is the start of a new journey for you obviously. You can prevent pregnancy but all the ';good stuff'; of motherhood is pretty much on a damage control level. One thing to not forget to do is kegal exercises, if you don't you may be changing your pants as often as your new baby's.
i heard that Bio oil is good but it's expensive. I rubbed cream in every day from 6 weeks but i still got some. you can probably limit them by using these creams but probably not prevent them. My friend says baby lotion is just as good as any other cream and she didn't get any but then everyone has different skin to start with. ...i'm rambling now..... On a personal note - i have grown to love mine.
I USED A PRODUCT CALLED BIO-OIL. ITS QUITE EXPENSE ( ABOUT £9 FOR 60MLS) BUT IT IS FANTASTIC, I CARRIED ON USING IT EVEN AFTER I WAS SO IMPRESSED! ALTHOUGH ITS A OILS ITS NOT GREASY AT ALL, WEIRD HEY? APPARANTLY ITS CONTAINS PURCELLIN OIL.....


THEY HAVE A WEBSITE, WWW.BIO-OIL.INFO.
Sorry luv, if your going to get them you will. Try not to gain too much weight and massaging any good skin treatment on will be pleasant especially if you do it together. Strech marks though are normally your skin type dependant.
Bio-oil if fantastic for b4 and after. Buy it on eBay, its much cheaper
Vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter or a combination. Use it often, most people don't use something enough and then complain that it didn't work. By often I mean more then 5 times a day. Every woman I know who avoided stretch marks carried their jar of stuff everywhere and it was always putting it on.
Palmers Cocoa Butter cream for stretch marks... it doesn't work though. I used it, and I got stretch marks. If you're going to get them, you will no matter what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment